Movie End Credits
Transcribed by Matt Robinson, this is the complete listing of all the
people whose hard work and dedication brought The Lion King
screen and gave so many people something to enjoy.
Foreign Language Voice Casts
are also available.
This Archive would have been patently impossible without the help
(acknowledged or not) of a great many people who did work of their own to
make TLK resources accessible through the Web. Most of them know who they
are, but for the benefit of readers of this Archive, here is my "official"
acknowledgment of their contributions.
- First of all, the Walt Disney Company for not shutting this
site down. I know they know it exists, and I thank them very sincerely for
understanding that this site is free publicity and can only benefit their
financial and artistic success from The Lion King. I thank them for
the use of their images, sounds, movies, and other material from their
original site. I also thank Disney from the bottom of my heart for giving
us TLK; I do believe the world is a richer place for it.
- Paul Summers, tireless and thankless site admin and hardware
benefactor through several incarnations of the lionking.org server. Truly
one of the unsung heroes of the Lion King fandom.
- Matt Robinson, who typed in the text of the Story from The
Art of The Lion King and the HTML-formatted movie credits, and who
has faithfully kept an eye on my coding and layout from Day 1.
- Kevin C. Bissessar, who sent me several good reviews of TLK to
include in the Text Files section, and for being a great friend since the
site's early days.
- For the contribution of the main text of the TLK Script (which I have
edited since then), Phil "Leopold Stokowski" Pollard of JMU.
- Marcus Aanerud, or "Raccoon Prince," who has contributed such
things as high-quality clip-art images and QuickTime movies, reinforcing
my claim to having the best in the digital TLK experience available here.
:) A tireless warrior he is, and definitely deserving of accolades.
- The Ivory Tower Trading Card Company and Skybox Trading
Cards, whence come a large number of my image files.
- For his inspiration and support, and for putting up with me as well
as encouraging me through my sundry artistic endeavors, Sean
Rabbitt, aka BigSimba.
- For numerous fine-tuning suggestions on the script, without which it
would be a far less complete and accurate document, Chris
- For the priceless contribution of a massive overhaul of the Sound
Archive, Tom Rodriguez.
- Myra Weber, a fellow Lion King web-meister, for her work in
creating the animated GIFs from the Lion King Animated Storybook.
- David Glover, for invaluable CSS expertise during the great
site revamp of 2005.
- James Venning of Vee Media for generously helping to
host some of the movie files on his own unmetered server.
- All the patrons of this site, visiting from alt.fan.lion-king and the
TLK mailing list, and the loyal followers of The First Church of
Simba, who have given me their valued support and comments throughout
the life of the Archive. It would be nothing without you. Thank you.
The Lion King WWW Archive was created using pico, a UNIX text editor
(for intensive design) and emacs, another text editor (for high-volume
Images were created using Adobe Photoshop for Windows and Macintosh,
using Hewlett-Packard ScanJet scanners.
The servers running this archive, www.lionking.org, are dedicated
IBM machines co-located in New York. They are 16-core
Xeons at 2.93GHz
running FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p6
and Apache/2.4.37 (FreeBSD) mod_wsgi/4.6.5 Python/2.7 OpenSSL/1.0.2q, on a full-time trunk connection.
This webserver is 100% free of Microsoft